INSTAGRAM

Friday 5 October 2012

Milan Fashion Week...


Italy is home to some of the world's greatest fashion houses: Dolce & Gabbana, Armani, Versace, Prada, Marni, Roberto Cavalli etc etc so as always the catwalks of Milan saw some incredible designs. 

One of my favourite shows the week saw came from Emporio Armani. The colour palette was very light, with lots of nudes, greys and white tones. Each silhouette was loose and effortless and each garment looked delicate and beautiful. I can honestly say I absolutely loved each and every ensemble that came down that catwalk but my favourite of all had to be the matching grey check shorts and blazer... PERFECTION.



Moschino transported us back to one of my favourite fashion eras, the swinging 60s.

The catwalk started with everything monochrome and then came the huge explosion of colour, the bold prints and a whole lot of 'flower power'. 

With super short mini skirts, huge helmet hats and short double breasted jackets it looks as though the sixties will most definitely making a comeback next summer.



Versace provided a number of extremely daring ensembles. The show started with lots of black before transporting us into lots of bright and beautiful colours. There was lots of lace, unique cuts and loose fits however I'm not sure the collection catered quite to my tastes.



Finally the one I'd be waiting for, Dolce & Gabbana. 

Last season D&G provided us with one of my favourite trends for this Fall, Baroque. We got trophy jackets, lots of lace and quite possibly one of the most beautiful collections I had ever seen, so obviously I was a little over excited to see what they had to show off this MFW.

This fashion week they had beautiful prints, lots of stripes, midi skirts, bralets, boxy jackets with huge bell sleeves and cute little shorts. Although there were some incredible pieces which I absolutely loved, for me the collection didn't quite top the last one.



Next stop Paris.


By Jessica Simm

No comments:

Post a Comment